Monday, August 29, 2011

From Gardening to Bag Making in one Day.

Today was such a lovely day for gardening. The weeds were thick and plentiful, but came out easily. As they were pulled out, lots of lovely little flowers that have been hiding away all winter revealed themselves. A nice way to spend the day.
And tonight I went to Nicole Mallalieu Design HQ for a fabulous workshop. Tonight's lesson was making straps for bags, belts etc. It was loads of fun and informative as well.
Here's what I made, in cheap and cheerful callico. Now that I'm off my L-Plates, I can try them in nice fabric on a bag.



The stitching is a little bit dodgey on this one, but you get the idea. Also the iron left a bit of a stain on the fabric, ah well, its only the test model.



All in all, I'm feeling a bit too clever by half. Can't wait to make some real ones up now.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes - you ARE a bit too clever!!! Excellent strap-making!!!

    ReplyDelete