Sunday, January 29, 2012

Fly My Pretty, Fly!


When one of your babies flies the coup, it can be pretty scary. Emotions running hot and cold........ from both of us.

But some opportunities are just too good to pass up. My first-born decided to defer uni for a year and get a job. And what a job she got. She is now a full time staff member in this fabulous place. 

It is an outdoor education centre up in the high country. She is doing a month of intense training, to take groups on adventure hikes.

Adventures include skiing, horse riding, kayaking and the like.

It will be a huge year for her, but I know she will rise to the challange, and love it!



Her own little log cabin.


Some of the residents

Sally the Goat.

She'll be looking after this handsome feller.

This place even has its own scratching post!

The Gear Shed.

The Saddlery.
I gorged myself silly on the fruit in the orchard.

There is always just one more.

Now that is an oven!
A huge thank you to my fabulous brother, Des, who drove us up and back. My car would never have made it.
While the young 'uns were busy on their orientation, we were able to enjoy the ambiance.

2 comments:

  1. It looks lovely. I don't know how she is ever going to be able to leave that for Uni?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure she'll fly far and fly well. xxn

    ReplyDelete