Friday, December 14, 2012

Day 10 - Your greatest risk?



What was the greatest risk you took in 2012? What was the outcome?

Sometimes I feel like my whole life is a big risk.
My car is a just holding itself together with sticky tape and bits of string.
Financially I live from week to week, just managing to stay afloat.
Jobwise, I am constantly jumping from this to that. Usually just making enough money to cover bills and basic living expenses.

When an opportunity arose last month, to deliver a vehicle to a mine site in Karratha, WA, I thought, Why the hell not?




Before long I was on the road, with my 83 year old Dad along for the ride.

On the way we realised that we share a passion for the open road.



An interest in little out of the way places.





And all the quirky stuff that comes with them.









(And disturbingly, we both seem to get into conversations with the nuttiest people wherever we go).

A love of architecture.



 Old machinery.

 Unusual vegetation.










But the thing that really made me laugh was when Dad was saying that he was both blessed and cursed with Blind Optimism in the Face of Adversity. Shortly followed with, 'you've got a bit of your father in you, love.'

Indeed, I am both blessed, and cursed!

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering what your trip was for. It sounds like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete